Texas heat is not for the faint of heart. It’s only May, and already we’re inching towards triple digits. Is your HVAC unit ready for the grind of a long Lone Star summer? Here are some simple things you can do seasonally to help maintain your unit.
1. Clean around your unit, making sure there is good airflow. Leaves and debris can build up over the fall and winter so spring is the ideal time to do a little cleaning.
2. Check your blades. Are they running free of obstacles and smoothly?
3. Check overflow pans and drains to make sure there are no holes or water issues that could back up into your house.
4. Check your coils. Are the coils in good order and leak free?
5. Check the control box and make sure no nests have formed inside. Ants, wasps, and other insects love these dark safe spots.
Now, checking your heat and air units twice a year takes time, and you really need to know what you’re looking for so perhaps the most important investment you can make in your comfort is joining the Hero Club. We jokingly call this the coolest club in town, but the fact that you get bi-annual inspections at a low monthly cost is really incredible.
And, if you ever have issues with your unit, we’re a phone call away with no overtime fees. If you’ve ever had to drive through a Texas summer without air conditioning, then you know what I mean. Who wants their legs to stick to their car leather? Let alone their couch leather. Yuck! Reliant Man to the rescue and fast!!
If you’re concerned you aren’t ready for the summer sizzle then call us and schedule an appointment with one of our knowledgeable technicians and get ahead of the rush. No one wants to be stuck in the middle of a hot-as-blazes Texas summer without AC. No one. And, that’s a promise.