There are many things you can do yourself to ensure your air conditioner is getting the spring maintenance it needs before we come in! The list includes:
- Thermostat Settings – Thermostat settings ensure cooling and heating operations keep you comfortable when you’re home and cut energy use when you’re not.
- Electrical Connections – Electrical connections should be tightened. Voltages and currents on motors should be measured. Poorly maintained electrical connections cause unsafe operation of your system while reducing the life of all components.
- Lubricate Moving Parts – Friction causes additional resistance in motors and increases the amount of electricity used.
- Inspect The Condensate Drain – Inspect the condensate drain in central heating and air units and heat pumps (for cooling modes). Plugged drains cause overflows and water damage, affecting indoor humidity levels.
- Functioning Controls – Functioning controls ensure safe and proper operation. We check that the system cycles run properly.
- Evaporator & Condenser Air Coils – Dusty, dirty coils reduce a system’s ability to cool your home. They cause the system to run longer, raising energy costs while stressing the life of the equipment.
- Refrigerant Level Of Your AC – Adjust and check the refrigerant level of your central air conditioner. Too much or too little refrigerant is another symptom of a less efficient, energy-increasing, and life reducing system.
- Clean & Adjust Blower Component – This provides proper airflow for greater comfort. Airflow problems cause system reduction by up to 15%.
Before Spring gets in full swing, be sure to schedule your Spring maintenance! There are many things you, the homeowner, can do before yourself as a Spring maintenance checklist.
Did you know? A neglected HVAC system loses roughly 5% of its efficiency each year that it operates without upkeep. That translates to expensive energy bills and a higher probability that something is going to break when you least expect it. Get ahead of the season by scheduling your spring maintenance today!
Protect your investment and save money on high-energy costs by joining the Reliant Air Conditioning Hero Club. Monthly payment plans are available starting at $13.75 per month for residential customers with one unit.
As a Hero Club member, you’ll receive:
- A spring 20-point precision cooling tune-up
- A fall 20-point precision heating tune-up
- Filter changes each visit (standard 1”, common sizes)
- $100 off a system purchase accrual each year, per system*
- A 20% discount on repairs
- Reduced diagnostic charges
- Early bird service calls
- A 100% satisfaction guarantee
At Reliant Air Conditioning, we’re proud of our 30 years of service and look forward to helping you with any air conditioner or heating system repair.
We’re pleased to serve both residential and commercial customers. Each of our experts is prepared to help you with the sales, service, and installation of the comfort system that is ideal for your home or business. Be sure to ask Reliant Air Conditioning for a free estimate. Whether it’s a new installation or routine service, our factory-trained technicians provide the expertise upon which your comfort depends. At Reliant Air Conditioning, we repair all makes and models. When it comes to your family, you want dependable air conditioning and heating systems that provide you with value as well as comfort. Reliant Air Conditioning provides both!