It’s that time of year again, y’all! Everyone in the Dallas-Fort Worth area has their air conditioners turned up full blast in preparation for those 90 degree days we’re sure to see soon. As we anticipate warmer weather, we want to share with you some steps you can take to ensure your home is properly cooling. Air conditioning maintenance can, unfortunately, easily get overlooked. If your AC unit is older, there’s a good chance you can benefit from replacing it. Here are some common signs to look for that might indicate you need to repair or replace your AC unit this summer.
- Limited airflow or air that isn’t cool: If you turn on your air conditioner and aren’t feeling a cool breeze within a few minutes, that’s the first sign your air conditioner needs repair.
- Unusual noises or sounds: The rattling, clicking, and banging some AC units make isn’t only due to an aging system. These signs can often indicate broken parts, such as a belt that may have slipped, or a broken motor, which can lead to costly repairs. If you’re experiencing these noises, it’s time to call a professional.
- High energy bills: Increased energy use isn’t uncommon, especially in the heart of Texas. However, if you keep seeing your bills increase month over month, it could have something to do with a cooling system that is simply working too hard to get the job done. Upgraded equipment and regular maintenance to your heating and cooling system can help prevent increasing costs.
- Moisture or leaks around the unit: When excessive moisture or leaks are occurring around your air conditioning system, you could have a big problem on your hands. This will not only cause the system to underperform, but it also poses a severe health risk to you and your family if mold starts growing.
- An aging HVAC system: The average age of an air conditioning system is about 10-15 years. Just like anything else in your home, your AC unit will eventually need to be replaced. Rather than making frequent, costly repairs, consider a new air conditioning system as an investment in your family’s comfort.
Here at Reliant Air Conditioning, we can help you solve those air conditioner problems with the most professional AC repair and replacement you’ll find in the Dallas-Fort Worth Metroplex. If you need a heating and air conditioning company that cares for its customers like one of their own, contact us today by calling 877-YOUR-HERO or filling out our form online.