It’s that time of year again, y’all! Everyone in the Dallas-Fort Worth area has their air conditioners turned up full blast in preparation for those 90 degree days we’re sure to see soon. As we anticipate warmer weather, we want to share with you some steps you can take to ensure your home is properly cooling. Air conditioning maintenance can, unfortunately, easily get overlooked. If your AC unit is older, there’s a good chance you can benefit from replacing it. Here are some common signs to look for that might indicate you need to repair or replace your AC unit this summer.
- Limited airflow or air that isn’t cool: If you turn on your air conditioner and aren’t feeling a cool breeze within a few minutes, that’s the first sign your air conditioner needs repair.
- Unusual noises or sounds: The rattling, clicking, and banging some AC units make isn’t only due to an aging system. These signs can often indicate broken parts, such as a belt that may have slipped, or a broken motor, which can lead to costly repairs. If you’re experiencing these noises, it’s time to call a professional.
- High energy bills: Increased energy use isn’t uncommon, especially in the heart of Texas. However, if you keep seeing your bills increase month over month, it could have something to do with a cooling system that is simply working too hard to get the job done. Upgraded equipment and regular maintenance to your heating and cooling system can help prevent increasing costs.
- Moisture or leaks around the unit: When excessive moisture or leaks are occurring around your air conditioning system, you could have a big problem on your hands. This will not only cause the system to underperform, but it also poses a severe health risk to you and your family if mold starts growing.
- An aging HVAC system: The average age of an air conditioning system is about 10-15 years. Just like anything else in your home, your AC unit will eventually need to be replaced. Rather than making frequent, costly repairs, consider a new air conditioning system as an investment in your family’s comfort.
If you think any of these might be signs that your AC is about to go kaput, it’s time to give us a call. Before you do, here’s a glimpse into what values our company was started on and what we still hold tight to today. It’s just a peek at what you can expect from our team when you choose Reliant Air Conditioning to service your air conditioning system.
When we created our home air conditioning repair service process, we actually had zero experience in the home service industry. But what we did have, however, is perspective. Our company president, Jeff Stewart, explains:
“I was a brand new homeowner, and we were having lots of contractors in our home during this time. I basically created our entire home service process backwards from my perspective as a homeowner and how I wanted my whole experience to go while those guys were in my home.”
First of all, we value timely scheduling when it comes to AC repair. We wanted to build a call center with people who truly care about customer service. We make scheduling a service call quick and easy.
We also wanted our technicians to look nice when they show up to a home service call. We wanted our guys to have nice uniforms, be clean-cut with tucked-in shirts, and to wear name badges for our customers’ safety that clearly identify who they are and who they work for. Showing that we care about our appearance when we visit your home is one way that we demonstrate respect for our customers, and we’re proud of it.
Additionally, we have high expectations of how our technicians are supposed to introduce themselves when visiting our customers’ homes. First impressions truly matter, so they’ve been trained on every step of the arrival process, ranging from where they park their service van to how to make a proper introduction. Our guys have been professionally advised on how to talk to customers in a way that just makes sense, and we believe that sets us apart from the rest.
Finally, as a gimmick-free company, we know that our customers don’t want the guy who’s working on their home’s air conditioning system to be paid on commission. The fact is, the more commission-based employees find wrong with a system, the more they get paid. It just creates a bad situation for a customer. Unfortunately, this has resulted in companies you’ll find all over the place who simply aren’t concerned with honesty – and that’s just not the way we do things around here. What we’ve created is a company that is entirely and solely focused on the homeowner and their experience.
Here at Reliant Air Conditioning, we can help you solve those air conditioner problems with the most professional AC repair and replacement you’ll find in the Dallas-Fort Worth Metroplex. If you need a heating and air conditioning company that cares for its customers like one of their own, contact us today by calling 877-YOUR-HERO or filling out our form online.